The Community Preservation Committee (CPC) is a non-profit
organization dedicated to preserving the architectural and
historical elements of Auburn, Cayuga County and the surrounding
areas through advocacy, education and awareness activities.
The CPC and its members strive to save our past for future
generations of this community by supporting and promoting
In 1990, the Community Preservation Committee acquired the
Willard Memorial Chapel and its attached Welch Building. At
the time, the structure was threatened with demolition. It
is the only remaining building of the historic Auburn Theological
Seminary and the only chapel interior known to exist featuring
a total Louis Comfort Tiffany design. This dual significance
quickly placed the Willard Memorial Chapel in both the State
and National Registers of Historic Places. We received National
Historic Landmark Designation in 2005 and have been awarded
by the Preservation League of New York.
Efforts to preserve, restore and maintain the chapel complex
continue to this day. Saving this jeweled historic treasure
is but one testament to our historic preservation success.
There are many more to be made.
• Semi-annual Historic Homes Tour
• Annual Chefs’ Night
• Archive room of the Auburn Theological Seminary
• Tiffany concert series
• Holiday concerts and open house
• Evening programs related to preservation topics
• Our own publications available for purchase
• Unique wedding venue open to the public
Support the continuing efforts of the Community Preservation
Committee. Your annual membership entitles you to the following
• Community Preservation Chronicles newsletter
• Tours of the Willard Memorial Chapel
• A preservation voice in the community
• Contribution to our community’s historic preservation
• Opportunity to meet others interested in preservation
• Discount on community room rentals and gift shop purchases
• Tiffany level memberships include all of the above plus 2 tickets
to the annual Chef's Night
Click here to download a Membership Form.
here to read our current Newsletter in Abode.
Please contact the Community Preservation Committee at (315) 252.0339
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about joining or helping out the CPC.